Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hoi An Clothes

This weekend my Mom, Cameron, Taylor, and I and we were flagged down by a woman in Hoi An. She asked if we wanted clothes made and we said yes. So she took us to her shop in an old warehouse, there were many other clothing shops too. Once  inside we came to a small shop, it was not a very spacious shop either but it had a lot of fabric. She went right to work taking our measurements and we started ordering clothes like money grew off of trees.
The Finishing Touches on my Sportcoat

Once we finished, we went outside and another lady wanted to make us shoes and we said ok.  So she took my mom and my foot measurements. My mom had a pair cheetah flats and a tall brown boot made for her, Taylor a pair of leather sandals and I had a pair of flip-flops made. Across from the shoe shop there was a gift shop with unique gifts so we wanted to buy some stuff but it was crazy expensive. So my mom and I negoiated the price down a lot. So she packaged up the balancing dragon flies, spices and black pepper, coconut spatulas, and coconut bowls for us to take home.
Measuring for Taylor's Sandals

The next day we came back to town to pick up our clothes and shoes. When we got there neither of them were finished. So we went to two other stores which were recommended by some workers at our hotel. My brothers and I got pajamas and lounge pants and my mom had a skirt made all for a reasonable price. 
Perfect Fit

The next day we went back into town and picked up our clothes but my Moms tops were not done, and today as we speak my mom is checking on her clothes one more time.              

No comments:

Post a Comment