Monday, January 10, 2011

Crazy Cabbies and Strange Skippers



As usual ,in Asia, when we got off the plane in Bangkok a driver greeted us with a sign that says Robert Sheldon. The cab driver looked at us in disbelief and said "five people, really?" My Dad showed him our confirmation slip with reservation for five people. We found out why he was a bit freaked when we got to his car. The car was a small compact that would only seat four people without bags. The cabby says " they don't tell me, they don't tell me." In response, we said that is okay and crammed in. Me, Ryan and Mom in the back seat and Cameron on Dad's lap in the front seat.
As we were driving the man apologized and was kept saying "O my Buddha, O my Buddha, they didnt tell me!" This made Ryan and I laugh hysteraiclly under our breaths."O my Buddha." After a while our cabby asked "Where do you go in Bangkok'? We told him that we would go to the Royal Palace and the night flower market and take a dragon boat cruise. The cabby says, "You go to M-B-K, got that MBK, cheep and good shopping". He also talked about Thai music and asked if we liked it. We said that we have not heard it before. He then started to beat "boom boom chu chu b-boom chu" and he was car dancing too!
An other strange time in was when we were on a boat tour of the canals in Bangkok. Right as we were leaving the dock we turned around and headed back to the dock. We were really confused why the driver turned the boat around. He pulled up to the dock, the captain picked up a smoothie and said "forgot." A few minutes later down river we pulled up to the side of an other boat and our captian hands the smoothie to the driver of the other boat! I thought that was funny. Well I guess that is what you get in Thailand!


My and my brothers on our boat

Bangkok Skyline
Great photo by Cameron on our boat tour

1 comment:

  1. Waiting to receive your posting, taylor G'ma

    ReplyDelete