Friday, June 10, 2011

Paris

We stayed in Paris for five days and I was very disappointed with what I saw in the city. People told us that it is an amazing city. I happen to dissagre. Some people believe it to be one of the best city's in the world but I wasn't impressed. The first thing I didn't care for about Paris was all the dissorganized art museums. I didn't like them beaucuse, when we went to the Manet exhibit about one fourth of the paintings were not created by Manet him self but by diffrent artists. That doesn't make much sense to me when people are comming to see Manet.

The seccond thing I didn't like about Paris is all the long lines to see the atractions. We wanted to go to the top of the Efile Tower. When we got there about 300 people were in line. So we dicided not to go to the top. Two other long lines we had to wait in were the Louve and the Musee De Orse.

Eventhough I didn't like Paris much here are some pictures of the places we visited in the city for you to enjoy.

  
Here is the Notre Dame and its stained glass windows.
One of the famous rose window. They were a lot more beautiful in person.
Inside the cathredral

This carving above the middle door shows an angel, a demon and Christ above all. The line of people on the left are waiting to go to heaven. The line of people on the right are going to hell. In the middle the angle an the demon are using a scale to judge the peoples lives.

Here you can see the famous flying buttresses on the back of the cathedreal.
They also were more beautiful in person.
Cameron and I found this fun ride in the park behind Notre Dame. We had a blast.

 
Here we are at the entrance of the
Louvre with the glass pyramid in the background.
 I loved these crowns, they also had a crown for a young child.

Here are some of the armory items from the Greek empire.
Taylor was happy to see these coins from the middle ages. I thought they were cool too. We couldn't find out where they were from or the age because the description was in French.
You may be wondering why there is an obelisk in Paris? It was a gift from the Egyptian President.
We climbed the staris up the Arc De Triomphe.
This photo of the Eiffel Tower taken from the Arc De Triomphe.



On our second to last day in Paris we went to Disneyland. We had a lot of fun. I was so excited to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment