Saturday, June 18, 2011

O'Learys' in Essex

After five days in Washington D.C. we went to Essex, Massachusetts and stayed with our friends the O'Learys'. Essex, Massachusetts is about an hour northeast of Boston on the coast. We know the O'Leary's because my Dad grew up with Mrs. O'Leary in Talkeetna. They also have two boys, Bennett is 10 and Vaughn is 7 years old.

Playing at Patton Park. General Patton lived in Exxex, MA.
Down at the beach with Bennett and Vaughn.
Every day we would play sports with them at their house. We played wiffle ball in the back yard and basketball and street hockey on the driveway. My favorite was home run derby wiffle ball. I liked it way better than street hockey because I didn't have hockey sticks wacked at my legs and feet. My brothers favorite was street hockey. 

Bennett and I going head to head with the puck.

Bennett shotting hoops

Vaughn and I racing for the ball
The boys showed us their collection of Japanese erasers. They are mini erasers in the shape of animals, vehicles, sports equipemnt and food. We bought some erasers at the Silly Goose toy store. I got an elephant, penguin, seal, robot, soccer ball and a hamster. I regret not getting the dolphin. Later I traded the hamster for a puffer fish with Vaughn.
It was a blast staying with the O'Leary's. Plus, it was awesome seeing friends after being gone for 10 months. The O'Leary's usually come to Alaska in the summer but this time we visited them at their home.

We also made smores in their backyard fire pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment