Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pool Olympics

Throughout our 14 days on the cruise ship there were different classes and activities to do. One of the activities was the Pool Olympics. The Pool Olympics were a series of challenges and games in which two teams competed against each other. Each team had five people or four adults with two kids. I know that 2+4=6 but two kids equaled one person.

The first game was the ring toss. The blue rings were worth two points and the red rings were one. My team and I won the ring toss. I got four points for my team.

The next challenge was to find the ping pong ball in the water while being blindfolded. Only one person per team was allowed to play. I didn't get to play but I cheered for my team.

The next day was round 2 of the Pool Olympics. The first game was musical chairs. I didn't make it far. However my team, the blue team won.

My favorite, the human number, was the next game. The objective of the human number is to form a number with your team mates without letting go of their hands. The last challenge of the day was to collect as many golf balls in three minutes from the pool.

Finally the last round of the Pool Olympics came to determine the overall winner and the loser. No one showed up to play except Cameron and I. Since this was the case they added a twist to the competition. The activities director Abel had all the people on the pool deck participate too. It was like a scavenger hunt. Abel would call out an item and my brother and I would race around on the pool deck to find the object like a purse or sun glasses from someone. It was very fun and funny. One time he asked for a yellow hat. Cameron saw a man walking by with a yellow hat and he snatched right off his head but then I took the it from Cameron and we fought over it playfully. Once I got it I ran to the activities director and he said the point goes to Cameron because he had it first.

The Final Round. On your marks. Get set. GO!

Cameron wins gathering 6 pairs of shoes.

I win filling a cup with pool water.

I win again getting one pair of mens shorts.
In the end Cameron got first place with 13 points and I got second place with 8 points.

Cameron celebrating his victory over me.
The Cruise was so much fun and the Pool Olympics was one of my favorite activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment