Sunday, May 15, 2011

Adventure Ocean Cruise Club

I loved the Adventure Ocean Kids Club on our trans-Atlantic cruise ship from Panama to Spain. The cruise ship was way better than the Disney Cruise I took a few years back. The reason why it was way better was because there weren't that many people so all the activities were more fun.

Anytime the club was open I would go. We would play games, do scavenger hunts around the ship, watch movies, make art projects and sometimes play on the Wii. My favorite games were gaga ball and crazy tag. They were made up by the Adventure Ocean staff. We played them everyday and no one got bored of them because there is tons of action.

We did two scavenger hunts, one just in the Adventure Ocean room and one all over the ship. The first scavenger hunt was on pirate night. We went around the ship looking for clues that would tell you where to go next. The last clue was at the reception desk and it told you to go back to Adventure Ocean and you find the treasure there. Turns out the treasure was candy and we only got one piece each. This was lame but I still had a blast on the treasure hunt.

Cameron the pirate.
My favorite art project was making a submarine porthole diorama. I liked it because I colored, cut, paste and built something plus I doodled fish in crayon on the diorama.

I made a friend from Costa Rica named Rolly. We did everything together in club. Rolly is 11 years old and I am 9 but I am taller than him. Even though Spanish was his first language I could still understand him when he spoke broken English.

My favorite night was carnival night which was the last night. It was so fun. The staff gave each of us 20 tickets to play the various games. There was ring toss, tic-tac-toe, basketball, bowling, and soccer goalie kick. These games were two player games and the person who won each game would get all the tickets that were bet. All I would do was play tic-tac-toe. Most of the kids were horrible at tick-tack-toe one kid didn't even know how to play tic-tac-toe so I would bet six tickets and so would the other person and I would win their tickets. The person with the most tickets won a prize. That was Rolly and I got second.

Michelle, one of my club leaders.
Note from my Mom:
At first Cameron had absolutely no desire to go into his club because his brothers wouldn't be with him, they were too old. Cameron and I went to the club to sign him up and Michelle said that he could join his brothers in the Fantaseas teen club if he tried Adventure Ocean three times. Guess she knew something Cameron didn't because after one afternoon he was hooked and never begged or even asked to join his older brothers in the teen club. So glad he found a place to call his own.

I wish I had more photos of Camerons time in Adventure Ocean but when I walked in one day to see how things were going I was politely told no parents are allowed in Oceans Club. I chuckled at that but totally understood the policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment